Monday, December 21, 2009

It's finally up and running

Well it's only taken 12 months, but the Web Recipe Manager website is finally up and running. It was a great experience and learning curve for me. I've been in the IT industry since I started working, but not on the web side of things. I hope it doesn't show too much :)

The site was launched in October. Since then I've added a menu planner, and just yesterday a new page where a complete recipe can be added by copying and pasting. Then it's a simple matter of selecting and tagging the recipe parts (name, ingredients, directions, etc) by clicking the appropriate button, before adding the recipe. It can then be checked before saving. I know the tagging part may be a bit of a pain, but it really helps to ensure the recipe is interpreted correctly. Of course it's never going to be 100% accurate in all cases, as recipes can be very complicated, and everyone has their own way of presenting them.

I use Web Recipe Manager to manage my own collection of recipes, and I really like it, but that's not to say you will too. So please give me some feedback - good or bad - then I can ensure you enjoy using it as well.

Check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment